Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Can I Get My Friend Gyasi To Watch The Bachelor? Week Whatever: Wha Happened?

Best Representation Of Falling Off The Wagon
Nope. Not proud that I fell off the wagon. But Bachelor fever is one that strikes and it strikes fast. Also school work, that also strikes fast and killed any determination to continue to get Gyasi to watch The Bachelor. And could you blame me? When someone pushes and resists enough it's hard to see a light at the end of that hard work tunnel and we all know how hard I was working; consistently giving 110%, keeping the conversation lively, having a passion for it, etc. But was it ever enough?

This is what the forecast was looking like and this could be a way for me to just prove I had ideas, but really couldn't generate enough content for find the time to put the proper words to it!

Week 4: Funniest Programming On TV Right Now My Man (this was the week where Emily the twin met the parents Higgins and you started feeling bad for The Mother Higgins)

Week 5: Exposing The Garbage Person For Who He Is (would've really built off the interactions with Ben's parents and how genuinely sorry I feel for his poor mom who didn't realize her son was a garbage person until it was too late and the whole world found out too)

Week 6: Family & The Past Ain't Threw With Us (this is, of course, when Ben met families and we found out that JoJo's brothers are super douches but surprisingly in the right and I'd've relied heavily on the wisdom of Dom Toretto and the emphasis he puts on the importance of family)

Week 7: Why I Watch (this was the women tell all and one of the more boring two hours I've ever spent imprisoned in my room by my own doing, but it was gonna get real personal, y'all)

Week 8: Goodbye Sweet Prince, Hello Glorious Queen JoJo (end's not near, it's here and Ben is truly garbage but who cares, because I'm totally hooked and am very much looking forward to The Bachelorette)

Week 9: Retrospective/What Have We Learned/What Have We Gained/Would I Do It (a deep dive of who knows what)

Week 10: This Thing And Man It's Nice Having Monday Nights Back (you're reading it, friend)

Man those would've been good. Real shame they never got fleshed out, but you know what-my goal was not reached. I did not get Gyasi to start watching The Bachelor and I feel a little bit like a failure. I did, at least, until I got this ultra casual text in the middle of a conversation, I'm pretty confident had nothing to do with Bachelor nation or anything of the sort.

My....my God. Do you know what I call that? I call that one foot in the door. Let's look at the facts:
1. He wanted to know who won
2. It was important to get this across in two texts, meaning there was a sense of urgency
3. He cares about JoJo (how could you not)
4. He's aware of her brothers
5. He secretly wants to watch, but just can't come to grips with it yet
6. What was 9:25AM for me was 7:25AM for him so he wanted to-nay-needed to know

It's all there (have I talked to Gyasi about any of this? Nope, I'm technically abusing our friendship right now, but it we'll be okay). Which means I just gotta stick with it and the best way to do that is continue on with The Bachelorette (which I think will really swing him) and Bachelor In Paradise.
So that's it. Had Cailia been Bachelorette, I wouldn't be writing these words right now, because I'd be done and I'd probably have to eat my hat or something. I dunno, but no egg on my face and that's all that matters. So Gyasi, I'll see you in May, with JoJo and the jags that will compete for her love.

No comments: